Why hello there! I am ready to get back into the blogging routine. I have been on summer break for over three weeks now, and you guys, it’s so weird. I have nothing to do. I mean, besides get ready for my wedding in 21 DAYS. Holy cow. I am going to be married so soon, and I am SO ready. Ready meaning I am ready to be with Derek for the rest of my life, not meaning that I am ready for the actually wedding day. My list of to-do’s for the wedding keeps getting longer no matter how many things I check off. Thank goodness for my mom, or we quite literally would be getting married in an empty field. Somehow it will all get done though. And I know it will be fantastic.
Let’s catch up on some other things, shall we? And the fastest way to catch up is a phone dump of all of the pictures from the last few weeks. Here you go!
- Mowgli has continued to be cute. When he naps on his back it’s my favorite.
- We gave him his first bath ever a few days ago. It was NOT his favorite activity, but he did pretty well all things considering. He always looks small, but homeboy sure is tiny with his hair wet.
- We have spent lots of time on Whidbey this summer. Mowgli and I liked watching my sister on the mower.
- And Derek and I spent lots of time swimming at my favorite place. Goss Lake, I love you.
- The beach wasn’t too shabby either. This beach is what summer feels like.
- My sister and I were driving home one night and had to stop to watch the sunset. It has been a long time since I have seen anything so beautiful. This view will be the backdrop of our wedding ceremony.
- We have been playing a lot of banana grams. I think Derek underestimated my skills, and so now I am making sure he knows how capable I am 😉 Games are never casual for us, but they sure are fun!
- We have played a few intense rounds of outdoor Jenga. Maybe we should make this game for our wedding?
- And we are getting really into shuffleboard. There is a bar by our house that has a table, and we are hooked. I like games, if you can’t tell.
- We went up to visit my grandparents and picked TONS of cherries off of their trees. The birds seem to have left them alone this year, and I have never seen more fruit on those trees.
- We went to a Rainer’s game (AAA baseball). Derek accidentally bought our tickets for the wrong day and we had to buy new tickets, but it’s ok, I still love him. And it was super fun!
- And we got our marriage license. Whoa.
I feel so rested, happy and sun-kissed. I hope you are having a great week! Check back in soon for more life posts, and some thoughts that have been in the works for a while!