Happy hump day friends! It’s been a great week for me so far!
Here is a quick rundown of my life over the past few days:
- This week is teacher appreciation week, and as a first year teacher, it’s been fun to experience the fun for the first time! Our support staff, administrators and leadership class have been showering us with all sorts of love. On Monday we had doughnuts and coffee provided by our principals, yesterday we received a cute note attached to a hefty size bag of M&Ms, and today the leadership brought each of us a banana with a funny phrase written on it. These sweet little gestures mean the world to a teacher counting down the days until summer 😉
- Yesterday I went and saw the physical therapist for my knee problem. It has gotten LOADS better, but I want to make sure I am good to go before I start training hard again. My current goal is to run a marathon this fall, but I say that knowing that there are a lot of factors that might prevent that from happening. Including the wedding…. so take that with a grain of salt, However, if I say that here, then I at least am held semi-accountable! Anyways, the appointment went well, and she said I should be good to go very soon!!! She said exactly what I was hoping she would say and I left feeling so much better.
- I haven’t read a book in forever and I have been craving a good read. I used to read all the time. My mom used to get mad at me for for reading when I was supposed to be setting the table, cleaning my room or doing the dishes. I would also try and sneak a book at the dinner table, but that didn’t’t work very often. I loved getting lost in a story. When I went to college, my books switched to text books, and my pleasure reading time was consumed by studying. So now that I have a little more time on my hands, I am trying to get back into the habit. My dad lent me All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doer, and so far, I really like it! I am big on historical fiction, and the writing is truly beautiful. I’ll give a better review once I finish.
- Derek and I have been planning out our summer, and finally found time to go back to Minnesota and visit all of our friends. We haven’t been back since graduation, and haven’t seen our friends since then either. I can’t believe it’s almost been a year. I miss them like crazy and can’t wait to be reunited with them!
- I busted out of school as fast as I could this afternoon because the sun has decided to make an appearance for the first time in weeks! Oh sun, how I have missed you. The birds are chirping, the trees are SO green, the air smells sweet and summer is drawing near! I can’t wait for long days, barbecues, swimming and sunshine. Oh yeah, and a wedding. My wedding! For now though, I’ll take a sunny Wednesday and blogging out in the grass.
I hope your week is going wonderfully and that you can find a little sunshine to brighten up your day 🙂
Tell me, because I love hearing from you!
- Do you have any trips or vacations you are looking forward to?
- What are you reading right now?
Like what you see?
Subscribe to my mailing list and get updates to your email inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.