Hello friends! How are you on this fine Wednesday? I am feeling just fine after a few days filled with sunshine. Life lately feels like a bit of a roller coaster. This week has been filled with many ups and a few downs. I am also having a really hard time staying in the present. I know this is probably the case for everyone, and I don’t think I have ever mastered the skill of living in the moment. But lately it has been extra hard to not look ahead to life in the next few days, weeks or months. I guess that means that lots of changes are ahead. My goal for the rest of this week though is to try and find joy in my everyday tasks and try enjoy each passing day. I don’t ever want to wish the day away!
Here are some of new things that have been on my mind lately.
- Let’s start with a low. I went to PT yesterday, and she discovered a slight bend in my left tibia that has probably been the main cause of my knee pain. The good news is that I finally know what is going on. The bad news is that it isn’t something that is easy to fix. I could have cried a million tears when I heard this. My therapist told me though that with the right running shoes and some changes in my form and gait, that I will be able to run again pain free. Yay!!!
- I am struggling with some family things that I won’t share here, but that have been really weighing on me. It is hard to go about day to day life when your mind is focused on a loved one. The positive in this is that I am able to focus a little more on my family, and that is something I am very thankful for.
- Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day in Washington. In class, we have been observing caterpillar metamorphosis over the past few weeks. My students watched the caterpillars grow from tiny little wigglers to full fledged butterflies, and we finally released them! My students loved getting outside and following the butterflies around after they flew out of the cage. Some even managed to hold them on their finger or carry them around on dandelions. It was definitely the highlight of my day, and the extra Vitamin D was a little bonus 🙂
- In more exciting news, Derek and I are expecting! A puppy that is. We are bringing home our little bundle of joy on May 26th, and are counting down every second until he is home with us. We have been wanting a puppy for well over a year now, and have been actively looking for one for a few months. Because of our apartment (which we love, because of location and CHEAP rent) we had quite a few limitations on what kind of dog we could have. Both of us are big dog people, but that just wasn’t going to happen. So we searched and searched for a puppy, and eventually ran into a dead end. We gave up and resolved that it just wasn’t meant to be. Then, about a week ago, I heard back from someone I had emailed a couple of months ago who said that she still had some available puppies! Derek and I looked into it, and we were sold. Sure, this puppy is NOT a big dog, but it works perfectly for our living situation right now. And yes, I know a dog is a 10+ year commitment. The little guy will be just as perfect when we live somewhere with a little more space 🙂 Derek and I are looking forward to house training, having our processions chewed on and getting very little sleep! But really, we couldn’t be happier to add a member to our family and to have a little companion to love on.
I hope your week is going well! I know that a lot of us have many exciting things coming up as summer approaches, so don’t forget to enjoy May and appreciate it for all that it is (even if that has been rain…)!
- Any exciting news in your life?
- What is something you have enjoyed doing today?
Like what you see?
Subscribe to my mailing list and get updates to your email inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.