Why hello there you lovely people. How’s it going? Life are here these days has been a little weird. We are in a weird part of the school year where I’m not quite ready to call it quits on teaching, but I almost am. And the kids have pretty much already called it quits on learning, so…. it’s been fun.
The news has been a little somber recently and it’s weighing on me more than usual. The recent attack in Manchester really hit home for me. There are really no words to express my shock, sorrow or disbelief that someone could target their hate at a group of children. This event makes me even more appreciative of my students and the bright little lights they are in my life. It is my privilege to be apart of their lives and to teach them that kindness, compassion and knowledge are the tools to change the world.
Today, I’m keeping it simple with 5 things that are going on in my life right now!
1. Today would have been my Grandfather’s 89th birthday. Growing up, we would always celebrate our birthdays together and it made me feel so special. Being his granddaughter is one of my most cherished treasures. He passed away in 2013, and I think about him everyday. He was a wonderful man and I wish more than anything that he could be at my wedding.
2. Does anyone remember that I used to be a runner? No? Yeah, me neither. I have gotten used to not running and it sucks. I have no other word to describe it. Not running really SUCKS lately and I am starting to loose the spark. My PT appointment yesterday though gave me the glimmer of hope I needed to lite the fire again (horrible metaphor, bear with me). She analyzed my gait and found a couple of minor adjustments that I can work on to not put so much stress on my knees and she gave me the go ahead to start running again! Besides the fact that I am in wayyyyy worse running shape, I am really excited to get back out there!
3. I have been getting super lazy about meals lately. Cooking doesn’t hold as much enjoyment as it used to, which means that we have been having super random easy dinners as of late. I think I just need some new inspiration, or the motivation to actually spend more than 20 minutes in the kitchen…. Yeah, I’ll work on it. Maybe.
4. I HATE real shopping. Going to a store, wandering around, trying things on in a dressing room and spending countless hours lugging around a bunch of bags in a crowded mall is my idea of torture. But, I like online shopping just fine 😉 I needed to do some online shopping yesterday. It was just that sort of day. And I found this dress on Roolee for $23.00 off. I think it will be perfect for bridal showers or the rehearsal dinner. Check out there site and snag some great clearance deals!
*No, this is not sponsored.
5. I am loving comments on the blog. If you are hesitant to comment, know that I love reading what you have to say and it makes this space a lot more interactive and fun!
- Shopping: online or in person?
- Any great meals you have cooked recently that will inspire me to get cooking?
- What are your favorite stores to buy clothing?
Like what you see?
Subscribe to my mailing list and get updates to your email inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.