Well hi there! Since we last talked I:
- Had a fun filled week and bachelorette party with my very closest friends
- Spent a joyous evening with my people and ate the best food at my rehearsal dinner
- Got married
- Flew many many hours to Sri Lanka
- Rode elephants, gawked at temples and honeymooned my heart out
- Contracted ecoli
- Came home to Mowgli boy
It has been an amazing past three weeks (minus the 5 days of ecoli), and I will have recaps of all listed events on the blog soon (again, minus the ecoli haha). I can not wait to spend some time writing out all my thoughts from the past month because there are just so many things I don’t want to forget! My wedding was truly the most magical day of my life, and I want to remember every bit of it.
This blog has made me a little bit of a liar (remember how I keep saying I’ll post?!) so I think it’s time I redeem myself and this here blog becomes a little more consistent again. These recap posts will come out one at a time over the next couple of weeks, but I plan on throwing in some other posts to satisfy those of you who don’t give a f*** about the wedding. I know you’re out there 😉 Like always, if you have a topic you would like me to blog about (it can be literally anything, although if you ask me to write about football or the stock market 100% of the information will be made up) simply leave a comment in the comment box below. Your email is mandatory but remains anonymous to the public and to me.
ANYWHO, for now, here is a sneak peak of iPhone photos to keep you happy until the first post of The Wedding Series comes out.
- My neighbor and my mom are in a knitting club together with a whole bunch of our family friends. I often join them at “Nip and Knit” to hang out and chat when I am home. The ladies all threw me a bridal shower, and the knitting theme was just too cute. They made these hilarious bride and groom dogs out of wash clothes!
- Our friends and family started arriving a week before the wedding. My parents house because a major meeting place for tons of people, and there was always something going on. It was wonderful to have people in town for so long and to have some extra help with wedding preparations. We missed our friends SO much.
- On the Thursday before the wedding, the big tent arrived and my dad assembled the dance floor he built out in the field. Once the tent was set up, it was go time on decorating. More on that to come 🙂 Derek’s friends were our wedding band. They are LEGIT, so go check them out. Just search “Lancer Roscoe” on Spotify, iTunes, Sound Cloud or even google. Here they are practicing as decorations are starting to appear!
- We ordered about 2/3 of our flowers online, but the other 1/3 my bridesmaids and I picked up from Pike Place Market on our way home from the bachelorette party. The mismatched flowers from the market added so much color and variety to the arrangements, which I loved. It also fulfilled a life-long dream to get to walk around the market and buy 20 bouquets of flowers. The car sure smelled floral on the way home 😉
Ok, stay tuned for a pre-wedding post. Enjoy these final days of summer people! School is just around the corner. Talk to you soon!
- What is a blog topic you would like to hear from me about?
- What have you been up to over the past three weeks?
- What is your favorite flower?
Like what you see?
Subscribe to my mailing list and get updates to your email inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.